Selenium is an automated testing suite for web applications with the advantage of working with multiple platforms and browsers. It is an open-source tool and is mainly used for functional testing and regression testing. Since it is open-source, there is no licensing cost involved, which is a major advantage over other testing tools.
It Consists of:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Selenium Grid
Advantages of Using Selenium Testing:
- It operate across different browsers and operating systems.
- Selenium IDE - a firefox plugin that lets testers to record their actions as they follow the workflow that they need to test.
- Selenium RC - is a flagship testing framework that allows more than simple browser actions and linear execution. It makes use of the full power of programming languages such as Java, C#, PHP, Python, Ruby and PERL to create more complex tests.
- Selenium WebDriver - is the successor to Selenium RC which sends commands directly to the browser and retrieves results.
- Selenium Grid - is a tool used to run parallel tests across different machines and different browsers simultaneously which results in minimized execution time.
Selenium Test Automation Services:
- Test automation assessment & ROI analysis
- Framework development, customization, integration, review and analysis
- Automated test suite development and maintenance
- Automated selenium migration services (Migrate2Selenium platform)